Another popular method to save money on broadband access is to purchase TV and internet packages from the same provider. Typically, internet providers will offer you discounted prices if you purchase additional services such as cable TV or a phone line. Most major providers such as Xfinity, AT&T, Verizon, and DirectTV offer cable and internet bundles.
The Best Xfinity deals offer free or discounted upgrades, upgrade packages, and additional savings when you bundle services such as cable and telephone with your internet access. The Triple Play Xfinity package is the best option if you plan on purchasing all three services for your home.
Bundle deals are typically customizable which means you can get the services you want without paying extra for services you are not interested in. For example, if you view all of your entertainment through streaming services, then you may decide not to add cable to your bundle deal. Alternatively, if you use your cell phone for communication, you may not feel the need to purchase a telephone line in your bundle.
Here are some of the pros of choosing to bundle your services from a single provider:
- Better pricing for bundled packages.
- Most bundles include faster-than-average internet speeds.
- One-stop shopping for all the services you need.
- The best cable and internet deals will also provide access to some premium channels or streaming services such as HBO, Starz, or Showtime.
- Internet bundle deals provide you with the flexibility to purchase internet access and any other services you want while avoiding paying for things you do not want in your package.
- Some bundle deals are commitment free and services can be added or removed at your discretion.
Keep in mind, however, that bundling may not be right for everyone…
Here are some of the cons of bundling your services:
- Most companies will require you to sign a contract or an agreement to get the discounts on cable and internet bundles.
- Promotional prices for bundles are usually only for a limited time and prices may increase during the duration of the contract.
- Some people find cable TV and landlines to be extraneous services and only need to purchase internet access from their provider.
- A few internet bundles will require you to sign an annual contract with cancellation fees included if you plan on changing providers before the contract expires.
In 2018, a survey showed that about 56% of Americans were paying for a paid-TV subscription in addition to their internet service because the prices seemed like a better deal overall. Many Americans also choose to purchase a bundle deal for the added security of having a home phone line.